Work on the new Law Library at Lady Margaret Hall has been completed. The new facility was officially opened by Cherie Booth QC and the ceremony was attended by leading figures in the legal profession.
The new Law Library, converted from ancillary accommodation, formed the ground floor of a listed Raymond Erith building dating from the 1950’s which housed the main college library on the upper floors. This new facility provides much needed high quality research and study space for the Law faculty and replaces outdated and inadequate accommodation elsewhere in the college. The project also included the full refurbishment of the original Erith Library. Work was carried out by a local contractor (Knowles & Son) during the summer and Christmas academic breaks.